High-performance tyre with superb driving properties and green labels
Apollo Vredestein launches the all new Vredestein Ultrac Satin – a premium high performance tyre with cutting edge technology at the Geneva International Motor Show. Developed for the discerning driver and suitable for highline cars and SUVs, the tyre is based on advanced technology developed by the Apollo Tyres global R&D centre and designed by the Italian design house Giugiaro.
The trend towards larger cars with powerful engines seems unstoppable. Cars with conventional combustion engines, the popular plug-in hybrids and electric models are increasingly characterised by their weight and power. This has led to Apollo Vredestein pioneering efforts for innovative and sustainable tyre technology – the new Vredestein Ultrac Satin. This high-class, premium summer tyre takes the performance of every car to the next level while helping reduce CO₂ emissions.
Excellent grip on wet surfaces and low rolling resistance
A unique, traction-enhancing resin and Z-shaped grooves in the tread allow for unprecedented grip and handling on wet roads. An oval footprint combined with an asymmetrical tread improves steering precision and control. The low rolling resistance and even grip on wet surfaces were achieved by the company’s tyre technologists via optimised tyre geometry and compound improvements in the following five areas: the tread, the tread foundation, the sidewall, the carcass and the rim cushion.
In short the features of the Vredestein Ultrac Satin
• Superior braking power: 3.3-meter shorter braking distance at 80 km/h and above*
• Comfortable, precise and controlled steering performance
• 12% better handling on dry surfaces*
• 10% better handling on wet surfaces*
• Low rolling resistance = lower fuel consumption & reduced CO₂ emissions
• 100% A-label for braking distance on wet surfaces, rolling resistance (C/B) and low exterior noise level (71 dB)
• Available in sizes from 16 to 18 inches, speed codes W and Y (more sizes up to 20” are scheduled for later this year).
* Compared to predecessor Ultrac Cento (size: 245/40R18 Y) in internal tests.
Unique: the Vredestein Ultrac Satin Hardwell edition!
An exclusive, limited edition of the Vredestein Ultrac Satin is being produced as part of the celebrated ‘Rock the Road’ campaign in partnership with the famous DJ Hardwell. Hardwell’s upcoming track ‘Run Wild’ is the 225th release of his own label ‘Revealed Recordings’ and to celebrate this unique video, only 225 Vredestein Ultrac Satin Hardwell edition will be produced. The tyre sidewall will have a very distinctive design including Hardwell’s logos as well as an equaliser graph. It will be available only at preferred Apollo Vredestein business partners in the size 225/45 R17 Y, making the tyre suitable for cars such as the Audi A3 and the Mercedes-Benz CLA.